Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I shall not pass this way again…

Mahota Walker Salerno left this world in the early morning hours of December 20, after a well fought battle with a despicable and horrific illness that robbed her of one of her greatest attributes- her mind. It was unable to steal her great ability to love however, and her presence has left a lasting impression on many. Her calling hours will be held at the Baris Funeral Home 5-9pm Wednesday December 22, Funeral Service at the Rose Methodist Church on School Street 10am Thursday December 23.

While going through her papers I found the following poem she had copied down from somewhere:

I shall pass through this life but once.

Any good, therefore, that I can do-

or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature,

let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it,

for I shall not pass this way again. --Etienne de Grellet


 


 


 

If you have a story or memory of my Grandmother please feel free to shareJ

Jenn,

as you know, Mahota is the reason I am who I am. For the short time I was around her, she showed me so much, it is hard to explain. The lessons of life she taught me, is why I am who I am. Her strength, still leads me through every day. I wish there was a way for me to return that strength to her now, to give her a short period of peace. My heart will never forget all she has done for me, and let everyone know, my prayers and love go out to "all of you".

-Bruce Redden


 



No comments:

Post a Comment