Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:
Hear ye, Hear Ye!
Hear ye, Hear ye!
BringBring Back Civics as a Cornerstone of American CultureBe part of the change that needs to happen. Support the Dreyfuss Civics Initiative today!Last Friday on Tucker Carlson Tonight, Richard Dreyfuss reminded viewers that the teaching of civics education in public schools has all but disappeared as priorities have changed.He went on to explain the significance of this historical shift in American educational priorities:
- Many members of Congress never studied in detail the Constitution and Bill of Rights during their K-12 education.
- Wouldn't it make sense to teach children HOW to run the country before it's their turn to take the reins?We think so, too.Not Just an Introduction
The Preamble is more than just a segue into the Constitution. It's a mandate. A directive of what it means to be an American. Thank you for signing the Preamble in support of bringing Civics back to the classroom. Together we can help turn students into citizens.Take ActionProtecting American values is an active endeavor. Get involved in your community today!
- Become a guest speaker at local schools.
- Demand municipal government be accessible and transparent.
- Participate in online forums to share community information and ideas.
* The transcript is provided for information purposes only. Information provided is not to be re-used.