Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Elvis Presley - You Gave Me A Mountain(Live Hawaii 1973

"Lord I've been in a prison for something I've never done, its been one hill after another, I've climbed them all one by one....But this time Lord you gave me a mountain, a mountain I may never climb, it isn't Lord a hill any longer - You gave me a mountain this time...." I believe this is a perfect description of Alzheimers disease (it also happens to be a song that was beloved to Mahota.)

My Grandmother also loved the words of Dr. King....
"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!




And so I'm happy, tonight.

I'm not worried about anything.

I'm not fearing any man!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!"